Since 2010, the Hogg Foundation has hosted a free biennial conference in Houston focusing on children’s mental health topics.
The Young Minds Matter 2021 Virtual Conference Series
Thursday, October 21 | 10 AM – 6 PM CST & Saturday, October 23 | 10 AM – 1 PM
Virtually connect with others through art, community-building, and healing activities to strengthen and improve the mental health and wellbeing of families in the greater Houston area and across Texas.
Please note that this year’s YMM conference will take place on Whova, an online platform. This will require you to download the Whova app on your mobile device, or you can attend the conference through your computer. More information on Whova can be found here.
Download Whova Now
Learning objectives – by attending, participants will be able to:
- Describe ”upstream” community approaches that can strengthen community healing, connection, and justice.
- Engage in candid and productive discussions about how structural inequities and racism impact the mental wellbeing of children and youth of color.
- Demonstrate the power of engaging historically excluded groups (people of color, individuals and families experiencing financial challenges, mental health challenges, etc.) in all aspects of multisector, collaborative work.
- Identify barriers and strategies to lift up the voices of youth and residents as the decision-makers and leaders of their community.
- Implicit Bias in Schools
- Dismantling the School to Prison Pipeline
- Youth Panels Addressing Critical Issues
- Supporting Infant Mental Health & Family Wellbeing
- Eastern Parents with Western Children
- And more!