Module 6: The Importance of Local Policy for Achieving Equitable Outcomes
Module 6 examines why policy—at the city and county levels—is important to health equity efforts. It provides an overview of 4 key strategies in the policy development process.
Duration: 21 minutes
- Define policy
- Analyze ways policy can influence health equity
- Identify steps to promote equity through the policy process
How to get started:
- Complete the module at your own pace.
- To begin, click to watch the video below.
- Download the transcription for module 6 to use as a guide as you go through the presentation.
After completing the Module:
- Click the "Next Module" button to continue in order, or return to the HEPP homepage to select any module
- Explore the Health Equity and Prevention Resources and equity-related efforts across the country
- Fill out the module 6 evaluation via Survey Monkey (for non-CHES users)
- Learn about the history of the HEPP tool: Methodology and Project Advisors
Prevention Institute Tools are free to use. We also provide Services to help you use our tools and to advance healthy, safe, equitable communities.