Module 3: Community Factors & How They Influence Health Equity
Module 3 explores eighteen community factors and demonstrates their links to health equity. It provides tangible opportunities to address inequities in the community environment.
Duration: 12 minutes
- Identify factors in the community environment that influence health and safety; and
- Describe how community factors work synergistically to support equitable health and safety outcomes.
How to get started:
- Complete the module at your own pace.
- To begin, click to watch the video below.
- Download the transcription for module 3 to use as a guide as you go through the presentation.
After completing the Module:
- Click the "Next Module" button to continue in order, or return to the HEPP homepage to select any module
- Explore the Health Equity and Prevention Resources and equity-related efforts across the country
- Complete the module 3 evaluation via Survey Monkey (for non-CHES users)
- Learn about the history of the HEPP tool: Methodology and Project Advisors
Prevention Institute Tools are free to use. We also provide Services to help you use our tools and to advance healthy, safe, equitable communities.