Welcome to the Virtual ENACT Day Action Center!
Take action TODAY to support our sponsored bills.
We've made it easy to send letters of support to key committee members and your representatives in Sacramento.
We encourage you to customize the letters we've created. Legislators want to hear why you support these bills--in your own words and in the light of your own experiences.
- Senate Bill 1000: Sugar-Sweetened Beverages Warning Label Act, which will require warning labels on sugar-sweetened beverages sold in CA. This bill has passed Senate Appropriations and is headed to the full Senate for a vote.
- Senate Bill 1151: Safer School Zones, which will promote safe routes to school and influence safe driving habits in school zones. This bill is set for a vote in the Senate Transportation Committee.
- Assembly Bill 1179: Adding Superintendent of Public Instruction to the Strategic Growth Council. This bill is set for a vote in the Senate Natural Resources and Water Committee.
- Assembly Bill 2449: Lunchtime Supports Learning, which will ensure that California students have adequate time to eat lunch at school. This bill has passed Assembly Appropriations and is headed to the full Assembly for a vote.
#ENACT2014 on Twitter
You can also tweet at your legislators, colleagues, friends and family! Download our Twitter cheatsheet--we've pulled together popular hashtags and Twitter handles of bill sponsors, relevant legislative committees, and all senators and Assembly members. Here are some sample tweets to help you get started:
- .@BillMonning & @SenRicardoLara: Thanks for your support of SB1000 #sodawarninglabel bill! #ENACT2014
- Hey #CA advocates! Write your senator TODAY to support SB1151 & safe school zones http://ow.ly/xms8M #ENACT2014
- #KidsHealth depends on adequate time to eat lunch at school! Take action now to support AB2449: http://ow.ly/xmsQ0 #ENACT2014
Thanks for adding your voice to the call for a healthier California!