Los Angeles is embracing a vision of a healthier future. The breadth, variety, and creativity of initiatives underway demonstrate a groundswell of energy to make LA a great city for residents, businesses, and tourists alike. Join practitioners, policymakers, and community advocates for a lively discussion on innovative local efforts to address health equity through land use plans, policies, and projects, and learn about Seattle/King County's work to promote equity in all practices.
Join us on the afternoon of June 29 for Healthy Land Use for All: Elevating Innovation in Los Angeles and Beyond.
Featuring keynote speakers:
- Beatriz Solís, Director, Healthy Communities (South Region), The California Endowment
- Carrie S. Cihak, Chief of Policy, Office of King County (Washington), Executive Dow Constantine
- Alina Bokde, Executive Director, Los Angeles Neighborhood Land Trust
- Regina Freer, Professor of Politics, Occidental College
- Malcolm Harris, Director of Programs & Organizing of T.R.U.S.T. South LA
- Don Spivack, Consultant, Clean Up Green Up Initiative
- Elva Yañez, Director, Prevention Institute
Thank you to our cosponsors: Community Intelligence, Investing in Place, Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition, Natural Resources Defense Council