The Young Organizers Circles are a monthly virtual session to connect with other young leaders across the globe, learn about topics you're curious about from passionate presenters, and reimagine what we can do together in our communities. In our first session, we talked about grassroots organizing – your experiences, important skills, stories from leaders, and more.
We keep hearing two things: "young people are the future" and "young people are visionaries." So why wait until the future to make your vision a reality? Adults often hold the power and the resources (aka $$$) to change the systems that impact our communities, but the truth is... change can't happen without young people!
Prevention Institute is bringing together Young Organizers (14-22 years old) to:
- Inspire one another as changemakers
- Connect with peers, leaders, and opportunities
- Gain skills and knowledge to advance racial justice and health equity
- Reimagine intergenerational partnerships to improve collaboration and power-sharing with young people
- Dec 10, 2020 Grassroots movements & organizing
- Jan 14, 2021 What's health got to do with it?
- Feb 11, 2021 Storytelling to create change
- Mar 11, 2021 Passion in action
We meet the second Thursday of every month at 2:00-3:30pm PT; 4:00-5:30pm CT
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org