You are cordially invited to attend:
Stormwater, Health, and Equity Regional Workshop
Wednesday, April 4, 2018 | 8:30 am – 1:00 pm
Casa Italiana, 1051 N. Broadway, Los Angeles, 90012
Please join Prevention Institute, community leaders, agency staff, residents, and other stakeholders from communities across Los Angeles County for an engaging conversation on the connections between stormwater, health, and equity. Participants at this half-day event will have the opportunity to network with issue experts and decision-makers to learn more about the Safe, Clean Water program and funding measures. One of the purposes of this event is to obtain input from the participants with regard to the Safe, Clean Water Program.
- Keynote Address
- LA County Supervisor Sheila Kuehl
- Safe, Clean Water Program and Funding Measure
- Mark Pestrella, Director of Public Works, County of Los Angeles
- Setting the Stage: Stormwater, Health, and Equity
- Dr. Barbara Ferrer, Director, LA County Department of Public Health
- Elva Yañez, Prevention Institute
- Green Stormwater Infrastructure
- Norma Garcia, Deputy Director, LA County Department of Parks & Recreation
- Roxana Tynan, Executive Director, Los Angeles Alliance for a New Economy
- Rita Kampalath, Sustainability Program Director, LA County Chief Sustainability Office
Registration is required and space is limited. Light breakfast and coffee will be served. Spanish translation is available. For questions about the event, please contact Taylor Andelman at email@example.com.
Please forward this notice to friends, neighbors and colleagues who might be interested in attending.