Communities Taking Action: Online resource of successful prevention and equity efforts - Update!
Communities across the country are working effectively to promote prevention in the first place through environmental, policy and systems changes:
- In Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, a coalition of youth, program staff and agencies worked together to revitalize Hunting Park, an 87-acre park in North Philadelphia.
- The city of Richmond, California, developed a comprehensive general plan to address public health in community design.
These are just two of the profiles in Communities Taking Action: Profiles of Health Equity, our updated and improved online database of efforts from across the country. The media, policymakers and community advocates will find many more on-the-ground examples that illustrate effective cross-sector community prevention efforts. Now, it’s easier than ever to use Communities Taking Action:
- Browse over 100 profiles in an easy-to-use Google map.
- Use our advanced search to filter results by topic, specific strategies, location type and collaborative partners.
- Explore how strong leadership, community engagement, advocacy, innovative thinking have changed local policies and institutional practices to shape healthier, more equitable community environments.
Communities Taking Action: Profiles of Health Equity is funded in part by the W.K. Kellogg Foundation and provides concrete examples of how to advance health and equity. Get started now.
For more information on the profiles or to get your community in our database, please contact Carolina Guzman at Carolina@preventioninstitute.org