Deputy Director of the Center for Health Statistics and Informatics with CDPH
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) is recruiting an experienced and visionary expert to lead our Center for Health Statistics and Informatics.
The Deputy Director of the Center for Health Statistics and Informatics (CHSI) has primary responsibility for health informatics related to improving population health. This role includes working with Divisions across the Department to ensure that health data is collected, managed, and reported in an efficient and effective manner.
A major role of this position is the oversight and coordination of the promotion of data standards to optimize interoperability among department data systems in order to improve data availability and sharing as well as transparency in government.
The CHSI program currently consists of over 200 health professionals and support staff within 5 branches. The Deputy Director oversees the areas of informatics, vital records issuance and registration, and vital statistics. The Deputy Director plans, organizes, directs, and reviews staff activities to ensure the effectiveness of various health data systems, while ensuring the activities and policies of the programs are consistent with the Department’s strategic vision and goals for public health in California.
The Ideal Candidate:
· Ability to apply public health informatics principles to support public health registries, public health surveillance and investigations, quality improvement, and program evaluation.
· Ability to function as part of an executive management team to plan, develop and implement department policies and priorities.
· Ability to lead and manage a professional multidisciplinary team.
· Ability to effectively plan for and manage changes in department priorities and operations necessary to respond to public health emergencies.
· Ability to communicate and interact effectively, orally and in writing, with the Governor’s Office, the Health and Human Services Agency, CDPH executives, other state and federal agencies, the Legislature, and CDPH partners, including local health departments.
· Broad experience in a range of public health programs.
The state of California offers a generous benefits package including a pension plan and some of the best medical, dental, and vision plans available.
Candidates can apply here: https://www.calcareers.ca.gov/CalHrPublic/Jobs/JobPosting.aspx?JobControlId=199473