Communications Officer with Public Health Alliance of Southern California
The Public Health Alliance of Southern California (Alliance) is seeking a Communications Manager to help drive transformative policy and systems change in support of racial, social and health equity. This position offers exciting opportunities to:
- Lead the development and implementation of the Alliance’s communication strategy
- Oversee marketing and public relations efforts
- Leverage the Alliance’s deep expertise in public health science, data and policy to generate easy-to-grasp and accessible materials
- Grow our visibility by sharing Alliance successes via print, video, digital, social media and other communication platforms to catalyze and accelerate institutional and systems change.
- Lift community voices and build connections with multi-sector partners, policymakers, key decision-makers, and philanthropy
- Amplify our regional public health voice in state and federal policy
- Assist with fund development
The successful candidate will be a creative and strategic thinker, with a keen eye for design, and a passion for equity and justice. The qualified applicant will have a successful track record of leading communications, marketing and public relations strategies across a range of political and professional environments. Our ideal candidate is a team player who can work well with a small but dedicated, cohesive and high-performing staff. They should have deep project management skills with the ability to pivot quickly between projects.
The Alliance recognizes the value of having a staff that brings a wide range of perspectives to this work based on language, ethnicity, race, gender, socio-economic background, political beliefs, sexual orientation and disability. We are committed to maintaining a diverse, multicultural working environment and particularly encourage applications from candidates with lived experience in the communities we seek to serve.