Oakland celebrates the update and rerelease of influential book 'Helping Teens Stop Violence'" (9.1.11)
Prevention Institute was proud to welcome authors Allan Creighton and Paul Kivel to celebrate the release of "Helping Teens Stop Violence, Build Community and Stand for Social Justice."
"Strategic Alliance joins Center for Science in the Public Interest to launch Food Day 2011" (8.25.11)
Strategic Alliance for Healthy Food and Activity Environments, an initiative coordinated by Prevention Institute, is working in conjunction with CSPI to assemble a California Food Day team, comprised of local and state organizations and coalitions.
"Is prevention a smart investment? You bet" (8.5.11)
We all know the key to a smart investment is a good rate of return; research shows a 5-to-1 return on investment in prevention in just five years. Prevention Institute's work is highlighted.
"National health policy leaders converge in Keystone" (7.31.11)
Prevention and policy were big topics at 31st Colorado Health Symposium. Read highlights from PI's Larry Cohen's presentation on how policy can shift behaviors and norms to support health.
- Strategic Alliance included in Marion Nestle's "Food Advocacy: The Ultimate Guide to Getting Involved"
- Letter to the Editor: Health and the government: Larry Cohen in the Los Angeles Times
- "MyPlate Replaces the Food Pyramid - and Bay Area Nutritionists Celebrate" (6.2.11)
- Letter to the Editor: "Beyond the Food Labels" PI's Juliet Sims in the New York Times
- "Putting Real Fruit in the Loops" (4.29.11)