Please share this job announcement with your networks
Prevention Institute’s Los Angeles office is looking to hire an experienced executive assistant to support our work. This position is available now, and we encourage you to share this job announcement with qualified candidates in your networks.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an administrative capacity at a nonprofit. Primary responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the work of up to two directors. This will include managing overall calendar, daily schedule; and travel arrangements; preparing meeting, travel, presentation, and conference materials; preparing, submitting, and tracking expenses and expense reports; handling correspondence, including screening and tracking emails, drafting and responding to memos, writing letters, preparing follow-up memos from meetings, conferences, etc.
- Preparing agendas and materials for meetings facilitated by directors.
- Conducting research; gathering and synthesizing information.
- Working on special projects, such as outreach, grant development, or project support.
- Assisting with organizational needs like deployment/project tracking.
- Representing the organization via phone or in-person meetings.
- Supporting management meetings and directors’ meetings; compiling and disseminating meeting notes as appropriate; handling correspondence in follow-up to external meetings and conferences.
- Preparing training materials (i.e., presentations and handouts/worksheets).
- Handling confidential and sensitive information that relates to the successful running of an organization and the systems within it.
* We strongly encourage applicants of color and bilingual candidates to apply.
Learn more about the executive assistant job opening and apply here.