Prevention Institute is partnering with the Los Angeles County Department of Public Health (DPH) for a day of community dialogue to address violence and build a more peaceful and resilient Westmont/West Athens. The community's vision statement for the summit is: Investing in our communities through unity to create more positive opportunities. This summit is part of a larger effort to implement a Trauma Prevention Initiative to reduce trauma visits and deaths throughout Los Angeles County, beginning with reducing the high rates of violence in South Los Angeles.
The Summit will feature:
- Keynote speakers
- Panel discussions and breakout sessions
- Live entertainment
- Health and social services resources
- Interactive art pieces
- Youth-produced video presentation
You'll be able to choose from these breakout sessions:
- Impact of Trauma
- Youth Relationships and Peer Pressure
- Positive Community-Law Enforcement Relationships
- Economic and Grassroots Infrastructure
- Healing Individuals and Communities
- Faith-based Community Support Systems
The event is free and free parking will be available. Free light refreshments and box lunches will be provided. American Sign Language (ASL) and Spanish language interpreters will be present. Please note, seats are limited, registration is required.
For more information about the Westmont/West Athens Unity Summit, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or Ali Goodyear (323) 294-4527.