Regional Community Facilitator (SF Bay Area), ACEs Connection Network
Using the science of adverse childhood experiences, ACEs Connection Network (ACN) helps communities solve their most intractable problems. We do this by creating and connecting networks of people, organizations and communities to prevent ACEs, heal trauma, and build resilience. See ACEsConnection.com and ACEsTooHigh.com.
The Regional Community Coordinator is a full time position with ACEs Connection Network. The person in this position will function as a Regional Community Facilitator and support an ACEs Connection region. This position is for the San Francisco Bay area and supports the counties surrounding the Bay Area.
Essential Job Functions
- Implement the ACN geographic community program. Train community champions in starting ACEs Connection groups, using tools and materials developed;
- Outreach to community members about ACEs science and ACEs Connection Network (ACN);
- Recruit members to join ACN and become involved in ACEs initiatives and ACEs Connection Groups in communities throughout north and mid-Atlantic region;
- Identify and cultivate ACEs champions in communities;
- Coordinate community ACEs efforts across partner organizations;
- Recruit ACN group managers to manage ACEs Connection groups and provide mentorship to the group managers about how to lead their group’s progress integrating trauma informed and resilience-building practices;
- Assist with mapping and documenting the tools and resources being used in communities to foster and grow ACEs (adverse childhood experiences) initiatives;
- Connect ACEs champions and others across sectors, communities and regions;
- Utilize and participate in the ACEsConnection.com and ACEsTooHigh.com sites, writing blog posts, commenting on blog posts & posting appropriate content;
- Follow guidelines and procedures for publishing on ACN to promote community and interest-based group programs;
- May be asked to act as mentor or team leader with other RCFs, depending on level of expertise and interest.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the science of adverse childhood experiences, trauma, trauma informed and/or resilience building practices;
- Demonstrated ability to work in communities to do systems change or development;
- Advanced written and verbal skills. It is especially important that this person be able to positively support and communicate with people from a wide range of economic, educational, and cultural backgrounds via social media, email, phone and in-person;
- Experience writing about ACEs science and trauma-informed & resilience-building practices preferred;
- Residency in the San Francisco Bay Area;
- Graduate degree preferred but not required, depending on level of previous relevant experience;
- Technical knowledge sufficient to function as employee of virtual office.
- This position requires periodic travel throughout the Bay Area and as needed across the US. Estimated travel 20%;
- ACEs Connection Network functions as a virtual office and personnel work remotely.
Commensurate with experience, salary range $65,000 - $85,000 annually. Complete benefits package including health and dental insurance, retirement plan, paid vacation and paid holidays, sick time, personal days, etc.
We strongly encourage online applications. Please attach your resume and cover letter.
We accept applications by mail or fax. Send to:
Third Sector New England
NonProfit Center, 7th floor
Attn: HR – 89 South Street
Boston, MA 02111
Or Fax: 617.896-9393
As an EOE/AA employer, TSNE/ACEs Connection Network will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant’s race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identification and veteran or disability status.