Policy Associate (Los Angeles, CA) with Better World Group
Better World Group Advisors (BWG), an affiliate of Estolano LeSar Advisors, is a recognized leader in political and environmental strategy at the legislative and regulatory levels, strategic communications planning and execution, and coalition building and management. We are also advisers to numerous foundations and philanthropies. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Better World Group Advisors is a women/minority-owned small business with offices located in Downtown Los Angeles and Sacramento.
What We Do
The BWG Advisors team has the capacity to work on any issue that requires strategic thinking, political savvy and media acumen. We focus on issues related to: climate change, advanced transportation, clean energy technologies, air quality, livable communities and other leading environmental policy issues. We excel in:
- Coalition building and management
- Strategic positioning
- Constituency building
- Policy analysis
- Communications, media and public relations
- Philanthropic advisement
- Meeting facilitation
The Better World Group Advisors seeks an energetic, self-starter with a background in California environmental issues to join our team as a Policy Associate. The Policy Associate will be responsible for maintaining client relationships, developing strategic plans, managing and coordinating projects, conducting research and analysis, and drafting materials for publication. This is a full-time position in our Los Angeles, CA office.
- At least 3-5 years of relevant experience in government, business, or nonprofit sector.
- Strong client service mindset, including experience in building and managing client relationships.
- Familiarity with California state politics; understanding of Southern California politics is a plus.
- Exceptional organization, time management, and project management skills.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Experience working in or with coalitions.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office in a PC environment (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Excellent research skills.
Better World Group Advisors
448 South Hill Street, Suite 1112
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Experience or education in one or more of the following areas is a plus:
- State & Local Government Agencies
- Advanced Transportation
- Clean Air
- Environmental Policy
- Public Lands Issues
- Water Policy
Master's Degree is strongly preferred.
Commensurate with education and experience
To apply, please submit the following materials in PDF format by March 29, 2019 to:
Sharon Wrathall (email@example.com):
1. Cover letter
3. Writing sample
For more information, visit www.betterworldgroup.co