- Facilities Management: Ensure facilities are fully operational, clean & neat, and support the productivity, health, safety & wellbeing of staff at all times; coordinate repairs as needed. Ensure facilities are secure (working alarm system with updated call sheet, operational cameras). Ensure facilities are appropriately stocked (office products and supplies, kitchens, bathrooms). Create, document and manage to a facilities plan; continuously maintain and upgrade owned facilities. Manage setup of physical space for new employees and coordinate any needed internal moves. Oversee property management service and janitorial service. Manage and support the use of Oakland space by outside ‘friends & family’. Coordinate leases for space in Houston, DC and other locations if needed.
- Tenant Relations: Oversee tenant satisfaction, resolve any tenant issues, maintain tenant agreements.
- Vendor Relationships: Manage building vendor relationships; negotiate competitive pricing for all purchases. Approve invoices for services, materials and supplies delivered. Ensure facilities and other assets are appropriately insured.
- Office Operations: Manage smooth day-to-day operations of our office including greeting visitors, phones, mail, files, deliveries, scheduling use of common areas, facilitating kitchen duty and all the other systems that keep our organization humming. Maintain updated Office Policies and Procedures and ensure training of staff and compliance. Coordinate remote employee operational support (coordinate with finance & IT on full process). Maintain updated Emergency Plan and ensure preparation for various emergency situations.
- Technology Infrastructure Management: Ensure tech systems are operational and stocked (printers, copier, fax, phones, internet, alarm, etc.). Provide the first line of support for IT operations and manage full support through our IT services provider. Manage conference call lines and conference room technology. Develop user interface expertise for office support systems, including BlueJeans,
- Zoom, MS Dynamics CRM, Presto Library System, MS Office applications, OneNote, ReMark, and other application software we may add over time, as well as providing backup support for HR applications (e.g. timesheets, HRIS, etc.). Establish and ensure compliance with IT protocols.
- Budget: Provide input to the organizational budget for facilities, office operations and IT.
- Culture Ambassador: In keeping with PI’s guiding principles, help us shape an environment that values the health, safety and wellbeing of all who work in our space, honors our strengths and assets, builds community, and acknowledges our interdependence. Coordinate periodic community-building events for staff in our beautiful space.
- Other duties as assigned: Engagement with operations team; pitching in when needed.
- Supervision: supervise and support one or more staff locally in Oakland, and potentially remotely in other office locations.
- Minimum of 2-3 years of administrative support experience, preferably with building management responsibilities. There will be lots of opportunity for a person who can “connect the dots” to learn and grow in this position.
- Demonstrated customer service and team orientation with the ability to work in a collaborative manner and communicate effectively with colleagues, clients and partners from diverse backgrounds, perspectives and communities. Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Good judgement and high ethical standards; respect for confidentiality.
- Strong time management and project management skills; highly analytical with good problem- solving skills.
- Facility with and love of technology. Knowledge of MS Office suite, as well as other office technology tools and systems.
**We strongly encourage applicants of color and bilingual candidates to apply**
Salary and Benefits – Competitive compensation, excellent benefit package & retirement plan. Salary level is determined by a review of relevant experience and set according to a principle of organizational equity.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and brief writing sample by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.