Executive Assistant, Public Health Institute
The Public Health Institute (PHI) is an independent, nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting health, well-being and quality of life for people throughout California, across the nation and around the world. As one of the largest and most comprehensive public health organizations in the nation, we are at the forefront of research and innovations to improve the efficacy of public health statewide, nationally and internationally. PHI was distinguished as one of the top 50 “Best Non-profit Organizations to Work For” by the Non-Profit Times in a national search.
PHI is seeking a full time Executive Assistant I. This position is located in Oakland, CA.
Reporting to the Executive Assistant II, this position provides administrative support for the Executive Department (about 80% of the time) and the Communications Department (about 20% of the time). The Executive Assistant (EA I) performs highly confidential and sensitive tasks. In addition, the Executive Assistant represents PHI and interacts with PHI executives, staff, and the general public. Considerable independent judgment is required for this position.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates travel arrangements and registration for meetings and scientific seminars, providing the executives with agendas, travel itineraries, directions, and pertinent meeting information
- Coordinates schedules, organizes and prepares various internal and external meetings for department, collaborations or affiliations. Including reservations and facility arrangements, audio visual needs and arranges for food or refreshments for meetings, records and transcribes minutes of Board and/or other meetings
- Provides support to EAII for event planning, including venue coordination and logistics
- Proofread, edit and finalize documents, letters etc.
- Act as liaison with internal and external staff, colleagues and partners (solve problems, screen calls and prioritize meetings
- Complete forms and documentation, following PHI internal procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
Specific duties for the Executive Department:
- Working with the Board representative, manages semi-annual meeting of program directors, including scheduling, securing venue, invitations, RSVPs, food and audio visual needs
- Manages CEO & COO corporate credit card statement, billing and expenses reconciliation, including following-up on receipts
- Prepares meeting information and event/conference packets including for large events Manage payment and use for department teleconference line
- Researches, compiles, assimilates, and prepares confidential and sensitive documents and briefs the executive regarding contents
- Composes letters and memoranda in response to incoming mail or calls. Acts as liaison between the executive and additional team members
Specific duties for the Communications Department:
- Manages department corporate credit card statement, invoices, billing and expenses reconciliation
- Posts website updates including staff and program updates, through use of website content management system
- Updates and maintains email management system with staff and other email addresses
- Provides support for conference attendance, including registrations, materials preparation and mailings, travel and hotel itineraries and other support as needed
- Supports communications and senior staff with creation of power point and other presentation materials Creating power point and other presentation materials on behalf of senior staff
- Assists team with other communications support as needed
- Associates Degree and a minimum of 5 years of administrative experience required
- Excellent administrative skills, with a focus on accuracy, timeliness, attention to detail, tact, and confidentiality
- Ability to read and understand business documents and communications
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, work to deadlines, accept responsibility, and display initiative
- Strong problem-solving/organizational/planning/project management skills and work ethic
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills, and the ability to interact confidently and credibly in a variety of contexts and at various levels
- Ability to work with minimum supervision to manage multiple competing tasks and prepare material that requires strong attention to detail, using succinct language and applying correctly the rules of syntax, grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Diplomatic, ability to exercise proper discretion and judgment in giving out information and referring callers
- Ability to demonstrate high level of confidentiality
- Ability to make objective decisions
- Excellent organizational skills
- Excellent Computer Skills including Microsoft Office suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) including the ability to schedule meetings in Outlook, use Outlook email, task manager
- Familiarity with Salesforce a plus
- Experience with back-end website content upload, CMS/CRM/EMS platforms
This is an exempt position and the salary is commensurate with experience. PHI offers a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, short/long term disability insurance, life insurance, 403b (group retirement annuity) and partial subsidy of public transportation cost. For more information about PHI’s benefits, visit our benefits page at https://www.phi.org.
How to apply:
To apply for this position visit our Career Site at https://www.phi.jobs.
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer
NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE