- Support the work of two executives, the ED and COO: Manage overall calendar, daily schedule, and travel arrangements; prepare meeting, travel, presentation, and conference materials; prepare, submit and track expenses and expense reports; handle correspondence, including screening and tracking emails, drafting and responding to memos, writing letters, preparing follow-up memos from meetings, conferences, etc.; and other support tasks as needed.
- Plan and manage meetings: Schedule; coordinate logistics; prepare agendas and materials; plan for food and supplies as needed; take, transcribe or compile minutes or notes; and complete follow-up activities including dissemination of notes. Coordinate standing meetings such as internal leadership teams and PI board of directors, as well as other executive meetings with external guests.
- Serve as an internal and external liaison between executives, staff and stakeholders such as funders, media, board members and organizational partners.
- Support the work of the board of directors, including maintaining corporate governance documents.
- Conduct research; gather and synthesize information.
- Work on special projects such as outreach, grant development, or project support. Assist with organizational needs like deployment / project tracking. Prepare training materials (presentation slides and handouts / worksheets).
- Support the implementation and continuous improvement of operational and governance systems.
- Experience: A minimum 3-5 years relevant administrative and organizational experience in non-profits preferred; technology savvy; computer fluency (Microsoft Office suite, CRM, other office applications).
- Communication skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills; ability to convey core concepts and capture written style/voice of the organization and the person represented by the communication.
- Interpersonal skills: Exceptional interpersonal skills; ability to interact with staff and external partners; represent senior
- management; understand organizational dynamics. Collaborative, team-oriented and willing to lead.
- Conceptual skills: Ability to synthesize and understand content issues, primary goals and objectives of multiple projects.
- Supports partnership and funder development and relationships: Strong memory for details related to external partners, key funders and board members; ability to assess needs and appropriately respond to external requests.
- Organizational skills: Well-organized and systematic, with excellent time and project management skills and attention to detail.
- Responsiveness: Ability to anticipate and respond proactively, with a friendly, helpful attitude.
- Flexibility: Ability to work in a fast paced, highly productive environment; comfortable with changes in priority and direction. Ability to manage assignments/deadlines from multiple directors. Desire to learn and grow; consistently seeking new opportunities and integrating feedback to improve work quality.
- Desire to learn and grow: consistently seeking new opportunities and integrating feedback to improve work quality.
- Commitment: Interest in and commitment to performing essential duties and creating effective administrative and operational systems.
- Discretion: Handling sensitive information with care and confidentiality.
**We strongly encourage applicants of color and bilingual candidates to apply**
Salary and Benefits – Competitive compensation, excellent benefit package & retirement plan. Salary level is determined by a review of relevant experience and set according to a principle of organizational equity.
To Apply: Please send a cover letter, resume, and brief writing sample by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.